1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very high quality servos with plenty of built-in controlling options .
I've heard about dynamixel from Stanford robotics class and after trying them I realized that I don't need anything else. They just work reliably, and with no programming effort. All you have to do is send operation that you want to perform over uart and that's it. You have benefits of:
1. controlling mechanisms are abstracted
2. you get feedback about its operation + some internal telemetry
3. you can put constraints on current or torque for mechanical protection/safety
4. you can substitute one servo with other with almost no code change
5. it has high accuracy absolute encoder so you don't have to think about position.